England – National Lockdown 4 January 2021:
England is now under a National Lockdown and there are new restrictions in place which will impact on horse owners and our riding schools. We understand how worrying this new lockdown will be for everyone but please be assured that the BHS will be providing support and guidance as it becomes available.
- During the lockdown riding schools must close for public lessons and activities
- Arena hire is not permitted, however arenas can be used for exercising horses which are stabled at the venue, livery yard or riding school
- Horse owners, loaners and sharers can continue to travel to care for and exercise their horse when it is not kept at home
- Livery yards can continue to allow horse owners, loaners or sharers to care for and exercise their horse
- Horse riding can continue although all organised activities and competitions will be required to stop
- Essential visits for the welfare of horses e.g. farrier, vet and physio can continue
Further details for riding schools, horse owners and coaches will be updated on the website as they become available. The BHS Welfare helpline is also available to offer help and support during the Coronavirus pandemic and can be accessed via email at email@example.com or 02476 840517.