NVRC Membership 2024
Membership of Nidd Valley Riding Club must now be applied for via the new British Riding Club membership portal.
To access this portal, please click the link below:
Membership is now on a rolling basis and not an annual basis as previously.
We look forward to you all renewing your membership with NVRC we have a bumper year ahead of clinics and an email will be circulated very shortly advising you of future clinics and the clubs activities for 2024
For any questions on membership please contact Mary Lloyd our membership secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a small friendly club with lots of activities, events, training, social nights and volunteering opportunities throughout the year, so keep an eye on our calendar of events for the coming months, and our Facebook page – please search ‘Nidd Valley Riding Club’ and give us a Like.
What you get as a member
- Training sessions are arranged throughout the year with a wide range of instructors for all levels of horse and rider in a friendly and inviting atmosphere. Never tried something before? Come along to one of our lessons and have a go. Some of our lessons are based at Askham Bryan College YO23 3FR in their fantastic indoor arena and also at Ledston Equine Centre, Hall Lane, Ledston, Castleford, WF10 2BB. You can always get a decent cuppa after riding (and probably biscuits, too, more often than not).
- Social events are also held, from our annual awards to clinics and talks on all manner of horsey topics. You can guarantee a warm welcome and there is usually food and drink, too – come and meet new like minded people or catch up with old friends.
“Rider” Magazine which is the quarterly magazine for British Riding Clubs, keeping members up to date with all the latest news and research, and showcasing riders across the country just like you who are achieving their goals – you never know, that could be you in a future issue.
- Discounts are offered for all Riding Club members – head to https://www.bhs.org.uk/enjoy-riding/british-riding-clubs to find out more.
You don’t need to own a horse to become a member of the club – we know lots of you love to ride, but you might not have your own trusty steed – and that is okay, because you can get involved with all sorts of other things and spend your time with like minded horsey folk and probably end up smelling of hay a bit. But you’ll learn loads and make some great friends in the process.
Prices for 2024
- New – full riding membership £32,50
- Renewal – full riding membership £32,50
- Social / Non riding membership £27.00
1st family member £32.50 / subsequent family members at the same address £27.00 each Membership will not be active until payment has been received and confirmation has been issued by the Membership Secretary.
Fancy a chat
If you’d like a chat before joining us or if you have any questions, please contact our Membership Secretary, Mary Lloyd, on email@example.com who’ll be happy to help you.
There are also lots of ways you can get more involved other than being an active member and enjoying the benefits of the club. For example, did you know that you can volunteer at a vast selection of events (in our area and sometimes further afield) where you can do fence-judging at cross country, dressage writing, stewarding at a showjumping competition, help organise some activities, or just make the tea if you want to! We’re always looking for helpers and our committee are all volunteers, so you could help make a real difference – if you’re interested, give our Membership Secretary, Mary, a shout on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can be involved as much or as little as you like, and we always welcome feedback and ideas.
What are you waiting for?