NVRC Membership 2024
Please note British Riding Clubs have introduced a new system to renew membership through a new online portal platform and we are working with BRC in understanding the new portal
As with all systems it takes a while to get to work smoothly so can we please ask you to wait to renew until we understand exactly how it works so we can help with any queries that may arise
Watch out for further emails and Facebook notification for an update
We look forward to you all renewing your membership with NVRC we have a bumper year ahead of clinics and an email will be circulated very shortly advising you of future clinics and the clubs activities for 2024
For any questions on membership please contact Mary Lloyd our membership secretary – email@example.com
Want to have fun whilst learning with your horse? Then look no further!
We are a small friendly club with lots of activities, events, training, social nights and volunteering opportunities throughout the year, so keep an eye on our calendar of events for the coming months, and our Facebook page – please search ‘Nidd Valley Riding Club’ and give us a Like.
What you get as a member
- Training sessions are arranged throughout the year with a wide range of instructors for all levels of horse and rider in a friendly and inviting atmosphere. Never tried something before? Come along to one of our lessons and have a go. Some of our lessons are based at Askham Bryan College YO23 3FR in their fantastic indoor arena and also at Ledston Equine Centre, Hall Lane, Ledston, Castleford, WF10 2BB. You can always get a decent cuppa after riding (and probably biscuits, too, more often than not).
- Social events are also held, from our annual awards to clinics and talks on all manner of horsey topics. You can guarantee a warm welcome and there is usually food and drink, too – come and meet new like minded people or catch up with old friends.
“Rider” Magazine which is the quarterly magazine for British Riding Clubs, keeping members up to date with all the latest news and research, and showcasing riders across the country just like you who are achieving their goals – you never know, that could be you in a future issue.
- Discounts are offered for all Riding Club members – head to https://www.bhs.org.uk/enjoy-riding/british-riding-clubs to find out more.
You don’t need to own a horse to become a member of the club – we know lots of you love to ride, but you might not have your own trusty steed – and that is okay, because you can get involved with all sorts of other things and spend your time with like minded horsey folk and probably end up smelling of hay a bit. But you’ll learn loads and make some great friends in the process.
How much it costs
Membership of NVRC runs from 1st January to 31st December each year and is open to everyone aged 18 or over.
Membership is available all year round however, please note that your membership renewal will be 1st January.
Prices for 2023
- New – full riding membership £30.00
- Renewal – full riding membership £30.00
- Social / Non riding membership £15.00
1st family member £30.00 / subsequent family members at the same address £19.00 each Membership will not be active until payment has been received and confirmation has been issued by the Membership Secretary.
Fancy a chat
If you’d like a chat before joining us or if you have any questions, please contact our Membership Secretary, Mary Lloyd, on firstname.lastname@example.org who’ll be happy to help you.
There are two ways to join NVRC.
Enter horse and pony events online. (horsevents.co.uk) (opens in new window)
Alternatively if you prefer good old fashioned post, click on the link to our membership form below, follow the instructions, print and send it with your payment to the address shown on the form.
There are also lots of ways you can get more involved other than being an active member and enjoying the benefits of the club. For example, did you know that you can volunteer at a vast selection of events (in our area and sometimes further afield) where you can do fence-judging at cross country, dressage writing, stewarding at a showjumping competition, help organise some activities, or just make the tea if you want to! We’re always looking for helpers and our committee are all volunteers, so you could help make a real difference – if you’re interested, give our Membership Secretary, Mary, a shout on email@example.com
You can be involved as much or as little as you like, and we always welcome feedback and ideas.
What are you waiting for?